We had a small family party on Sunday to celebrate Aiden's birthday. Since he was about 4 months old he has been attached to a $3 monkey from Babies-R-Us. He loves this monkey sooo much and will hug it tight any time he sees it. Based on suggestions from other mothers, I bought a back-up identical monkey just in case! So.....we decided to do a monkey party for him. It was really cute because he would smile really big and say "goo" every time he saw the party supplies! Below are a few pictures from the event.
Birthday Boy with his monkey.
Super excited about his party!

I caught Aiden trying to open his presents before the guests arrived!

Party table.

Aiden's 1st Birthday Cake.
I want to create a tradition of making Aiden's birthday cakes. This is the first cake that I have ever decorated ~ I had a blast! His face turned out a bit dark, but you learn as you go. No judging, Melissa ;)
(We have a HILARIOUS video of this that we hope to share soon.)

Dirty face.
Woah! Dirty baby.
A few monkeys showed up at the party!
And a few more! (These masks were SO funny.)
Of course, Aiden thought the trash and boxes were more fun than the toys! =)



10 comments:
The cake is adorable!!! I don't know what you're talking about "a bit dark". It's perfect! I think I will start a tradtion of having YOU make all of Lily's birthday cakes. hahaha. Wish we could have been there. :-(
I am sooo impressed! That cake was too cute. I certainly wish we could've been there to celebrate with you. Very cute little one year old monkey you've got there! Give him some birthday kisses for us!
That's so neat that you made his cake, it looks great! I loved how my mom always worked so hard making our bday cakes, it made it more special! Good Job!
Kathy, the cake is precious. I can't believe that was your first cake. You are already a pro! The party looks like it was so much fun! Wish we could have been there to celebrate! Miss you guys and will see you very soon! We may have to have another party for baby Aiden when we get there! Love you!!!
We met your parents today at church! I was also able to play with Aiden in the nursery! He is adorable. :) Call us the next time you guys come down to Post. 806-543-9262
Your cake turned out perfect! It looked so good that I thought you had bought it! You could have a second career! :)
P.S. I love your new blog page!
Ok. I don't know what you two think you're sooo busy doing, but this once-a-month posting business isn't going to cut it. Lily needs her Aiden fix!!!
I know! GEEZ! I have a lot of pictures and updates but can't seem to get to the computer. I hope to do a "catch-up" blog soon!
Post a Comment