Sunday, October 19, 2008

The BIG 'One'

Aiden's 1st Birthday was this past Friday. Marc and I took time off to spend with him on his special day. Aiden wanted to start celebrating his birthday early, so he decided to wake up at 5:45 a.m.! I decided that was a little too early, and convinced him to sleep a little longer. Then we started our day with a little breakfast (Aiden always has to have a snack while his actual meal is prepared....no patience.) After that we headed out to Sam's to pick up his birthday gift; a wagon! Then we stopped by On The Border for a birthday lunch, and Aiden decided to flirt, smile and laugh at all of the waitresses. Once we had filled our bellies, we drove to Fantastic Sam's for Aiden's first haircut. He did great! He sat with Marc like a big boy and was very intrigued with the scissors and the comb. This caused a few problems because he kept turning his head to look at them! After the haircut it was back in the car and over to the pumpkin patch. Aiden had a blast because we just sat him down and allowed him to crawl and crawl. He LOVED to bang on the pumpkins and even obliged his mother with a few pictures. Finally, we headed home to put the wagon together and finished the day with a ride around the neighborhood. As Aiden played away in his wagon, Marc and I discussed how very blessed we are to have Aiden in our lives. This past year was filled with SO many fun times and memories and we are excited about watching him grow and learn in the years to come.

Can you find the baby?

Marc waving bye as we were leaving the pumpkin patch!

Aiden thought the box was more fun than the wagon.

Aiden supervising the wagon assembly!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

So glad Aiden had a special birthday with Mommy and Daddy! What a handsome little man he is. I cna't wait to pictures from the monkey party!! Lily says "plfplfplfbababa!"

The Meers Family said...

Aidan's big boy haircut is too cute! I love your pumpkin patch pictures...we get to do that on Wednesday!! By the way, that wagon will provide years of entertainment (Maci still loves the one she got right before she turned 1!) Hope to get to see you guys really soon.

Tara Powell said...

oh, I am so glad that he had a good 1st birthday. I thought about him several times that day! I just still can't belive he's 1! What a big boy!

Powered By Blogger