Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas!

Christmas with our little 2 year old was very fun this year! We had been telling Aiden for about a week that Santa Clause was coming to see him, but he would always have a distant look in his eyes and we thought that he just didn't understand. Aiden often wakes up at 5 or so in the morning and will come to our room to climb in bed with us. The house is very dark at night, with the exception of a night light in the living room (all of this information is needed for the rest of the story!)

On Christmas Eve, Marc and I played Santa Clause before going to bed and luckily, I decided to take a picture! We are not certain what time Aiden woke up on Christmas morning, but he entered our room at 4:30 with two small toys from his stocking and said, "Zook Daddy!!!" Marc realized what Aiden had in his hands and said, "uh-oh." So I go to the living room with Aiden to find that he had already sorted through his stocking and the rest of his gifts from Santa. I know he had been up long enough to practice a few shots on the new basketball goal because he said, "Zook Mommy! I do basket!", as he dunked the ball! Great memories!

Mommy & Daddy gave Aiden a tricycle for Christmas, which he used all morning to chase his basketball! HA! I never said he wasn't resourceful.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger